Frequently Asked Questions

We cannot guarantee anyone one hundred percent as all final decisions are made by the Department of Home Affairs however, we can say that at Direct Migration Experts we will NOT take on any case that does not hold a good chance of success.

Each case is independent and there are options to stay longer in Australia. Due to each person’s circumstances being different we suggest a consultation so we can tailor a plan that suits you.

There are a lot of misconceptions about bridging visas. A bridging visa is issued when you lodge a substantive visa and comes into effect when your existing visa expires. A bridging visa is only temporary to keep you on a legal status whilst awaiting an outcome of another visa lodged.

The first step would be to show us your cancellation letter. From the content of the letter we will be able to determine if you have a strong prospect of a successful case in the tribunal. Each case is different, and we would need to see the outcome letter to determine the next steps.

Sponsorships involve a three-step process. These applications must abide by legislative requirements meaning that the employer must meet both the sponsorship requirements and the nomination requirements. In addition, the visa applicant must meet certain criteria for the occupation nominated. Each case is independent and different in order to know what to do you must have a consultation to ensure that you get everything done in the required time frames.

Having a visa refused in Australia you may still be able to apply for another visa. This depends on the visa you held at the time of application. We would need to know more information in order to assist you in making a new valid application.

Occupation is only one part of the application however, for skilled visas you must have your overseas skills assessed in order to qualify. Each occupation is different and assessing bodies have different requirements. If we are able to prove work experience in some occupations, you may still be eligible for a positive skills assessment. However, each occupation is different and each assessing body individual so we advise you organise a consultation with a professional so as we can assist you.

Yes, you may still apply for the visa offshore and the same requirements in most instances would apply as if you were onshore. The only instance where you may not apply is if you have been illegal in Australia or received an entry ban.

When waiting for a visa on a bridging visa the same conditions as the last visa you held will apply to you. This is except for partner visas as there is a long processing time for them and you will be given permission to work. However, each case is individual, and we do suggest in order not to breach your visa conditions you always check with a migration agent or lawyer or the Department.

Each case is different and each conviction different. At Direct Migration Experts in these cases we always ensure that we give a solid submission addressing the issues in order for it not to be refused.

Many people arriving in Australia do not realise that the arrival card is a legal document. By failing to provide true and correct information may affect your visa application.

You are able to sponsor your wife and children and bring them to Australia. Each case is independent, and we will advise you the best way in which you can bring them over.

The fees paid to the Department must be paid in full at the time of application. However, fees for our professional services may be paid in instalments throughout the preparation of the application process.

This is possible on a resident return visa. This will have to be explained at time of application reasons for not being in Australia as well as reasons for coming back. We would advise in seeking professional migration advice in order to make a solid case in order to meet legislative criteria.

Each state has different requirements for example currently in that situation for people living in Sydney they would need a job offer in Western Australia. Please talk to us as legislation constantly changes and for each state it is different.

Each person circumstances are different, so we do suggest that we see the intention to cancel letter or the cancellation letter. Depending on your circumstances we can assist you if possible, in making a plan moving forward.

Firstly, most of the skills assessing authorities take more than four weeks to process and by this time your visa will expire. In addition, once we have the positive skills assessments we need to lodge and Expression of Interest. Invitations to apply for the visa do not often happen overnight. We do suggest for anyone reading this thinking of applying for a skilled visa leave at least three to four months on their visa and apply. In all other circumstances we suggest you contact Direct Migration Experts for your consultation in order to tailor a plan.

Once again, each individual circumstance are different. We would need to know more about the case to advise you correctly. However, as part of the legislation and law in Australia there are two exemptions from this rule 1. Domestic violence 2. Being abandoned with a child. However, each person is different and circumstances unique so please seek professional advice.

We would suggest coming and see an expert. We are able with your permission to check your visa status and advice you according to your needs on the next step to take in your situation. Please be aware that the call centre is not there for independent legal advice but rather general information.

In order to become an Australian citizen, you will need to have been in Australia as a permanent resident consecutively for at least three years. You will need to apply for this and currently there is a long wait for applications to be processed however, once you apply and meet the criteria you will eventually obtain citizenship.