Migrating to Australia



Are you so familiar in the everyday use of your carpentry tools and equipment like you are in using your hands for everyday tasks?

Do you live in your steel capped boots?

Have you been handling carpentry materials and been working effectively in the construction industry in your own country for many years? Your employer currently leaves you to plan and organise your work and the job site as a carpenter. Or you may already be your own boss at home yet are waiting for the next job to come your way. There is plenty of work for skilled and qualified carpenters in Australia. 

Did you know that the building industry in Australia is consistently growing rapidly and is the third largest domestic industry? 

You know that you can easily carry out measurements and calculations either from reading and interpretations of plans and other specifications. You have been working in the trade and or either obtained formal qualifications for years Well we got good news for you at Direct Migration Experts -Carpenters and Joiners are needed in Australia as skilled migrants.

Whether you work in the groundwork side of things such as the foundations and carry out setting out of work or you are familiar with levelling operations. Australia needs you as a skilled independent migrant. Do you erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding on a weekly basis?

Or you may be involved in structural carpentry work. There is plenty of work in Australia for you whether it be the carrying out of general demolition of minor building structures or constructing wall frames. Australia needs you to work in our construction namely carpenters to assist with the following: construction of ceiling frames, wall frames, erect roof trusses, construct pitched roofs for our homes, constructing eaves, assembling partitions and so on.

These are just some of the areas that you will find ongoing work in Australia as a carpenter.

How do I migrate to Australia as a Carpenter and Joiner?

Migration is a three-step process. In order to be eligible for migrating as a Carpenter and Joiner or any occupation on the skilled occupation list and in demand list you must hold the formal qualifications. The next step is you would need to obtain the Australian standards skills assessments for Carpenter and Joiners and become recognised in Australia. This is through the governing bodies VETASSESS and TRA. The next step is to lodge the EOI and the visa.

This is more complex than it sounds, and it is advisable to seek professional assistance such as from experienced migration agents such as Direct Migration Experts. We have ample experience and know how to make decision ready valid visa and skills assessment applications. We get you the results in a fast turnaround time. We provide the skills assessing authority for Carpenter and Joiners a solid decision ready application. Which means the case officer can make a fast decision for stage one of your skills assessment.

Do I need to find a sponsor or a work visa to stay in Australia as a Carpenter and Joiner?

So, you are in Australia and you thought your employer was going to sponsor you and it has fallen through. We here this too often from our clients onshore who have loved their time here so much on their working holiday visas they do not want to return home. The employers often promise them to sponsor them so they can stay here. As this article shows this is only a temporary pathway to stay in Australia. However, being a Carpenter and Joiner there is a pathway to permanent residency in Australia. Direct Migration Experts have assisted hundreds of Carpenter and Joiners in obtaining their visa and permanent residency. 

Do I need a job to obtain permanent residency?

You do not need a job however, depending if you are onshore and offshore this will differ. Depending on which State and Territory in Australia you are going to live in. Generally, in most cases you do not need employment to apply for permanent residency. Permanent Residency and the skilled occupation list are based on points and meeting the points criteria. This is not limited to Carpenter and Joiners but to all occupations on the skilled occupation list.

Do I need experience in Australia as a Carpenter and Joiner to obtain Permanent Residency?

You do not need Australian experience as a Carpenter and Joiner to apply nor obtain permanent residency. However, you do need formal qualifications and to hold a valid skills assessment in Australia as a Carpenter and Joiner to obtain permanent residency.

Do I need to be in Australia to apply for my permanent residency?

No, this is a misconception. We have helped many clients at Direct Migration Experts over the years in obtaining permanent residency from all over the world including but not limited to the UK and Ireland, Asia and South Africa.  

Is it difficult to find a job once I arrive in Australia as a Carpenter and Joiner?

Once you have your permanent residency it is extremely easy to find work as a Carpenter and Joiner. Many employers in Australia want staff and workers in all fields that hold permanent residency. It is particularly important that you understand that the reason you will obtain your permanent visa is because of the occupation Carpenter and Joiners being in high demand. This means that there are NOT enough local people to fill the number of vacant Carpentry positions in Australia. Carpenter and Joiners are well paid as permanent residents in Australia. There are many vacant positions ranging from sub-contracting, working for large building companies, large organisations too small to medium businesses all looking to employ Carpenter and Joiners. Not to mention the freedom of being a permanent resident and having the opportunity and flexibility of starting your own business. Having your own business, you will be able to earn as much work as you can handle.  


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *