What is an Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa?
The Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) is a permanent residency visa. There are currently three streams within this visa subclass.
Temporary Residence Transitional Stream (TRT)
This is for temporary workers currently in Australia working on a 482 (or 457) visa. They must have worked full time for a period of three years for their Australian employer. Their occupation must be on the current MLTSSL list of occupations.
Direct Entry Stream
This visa is for people who have never, or briefly worked in Australia. In order to qualify your occupation must be in demand and be on the MLTSSL list of occupations. Your employer must lodge a valid nomination.
This is for applicants applying through sponsorship under a labour agreement with an employer. The age Skills and English requirements will be stated in the labour agreement.
How can my employer qualify?
- Employer must offer the position to you for a period of no less than two years.
- Employer must be running a business and be able to show financials and other documentation to prove this.
- Employer must agree to pay the SAF levy the current cost is:
- business turning over less than $10 Million – $3,000.00
- business turning over $10 Million – $5,000.00
How can I qualify?
- You must be nominated by an Australian employer and be younger than 50 years of age.
- Your occupation may require a positive Australian skills assessment from the relevant body.
- Commit to working in the nominated role for a period of no less than two years but not limited to two years from time of visa grant
- Meet the Health and Character requirements
- If you are applying through the temporary residence transitional stream, then you must be able to show that you have worked for your employer and paid the market salary rate (TISMIT) for a period of three years and this can be demonstrated by your recent group certificates.
What are the benefits if I obtained this visa?
- Opportunity to live and work in Australia permanently
- Access to Medicare
- Pathway to obtaining Australian Citizenship
- Options to sponsor relatives for permanent residency.
Direct Migration Experts can assess the business and the employee’s eligibility and help you to understand the process involved.
You can book a consultation with our Migration Agents, who go through more specific requirements with you ensuring that your permanent residency application meets all the requirements for a smooth application.