Child Visa (Subclass 101)

Do you have a child that is currently overseas and that you wish to sponsor to live with you in Australia?

There are two Child visa Options. 

Child Visa- Onshore (Subclass 802 Visa)

Who is eligible for this visa?

  • The child is onshore (in Australia) when the application is lodged and when it is granted and holds a valid Australian Visa.
  • The child is sponsored by you as their parent or by your partner.
  • Younger then 18 years of age  and singled
  • Adopted child (if adopted when under 18 years of age)
  • If child is over 18 years of age, he/she is a full time student and unable to work due to a disability and is dependent on the sponsoring parent

Child Visa- Offshore (Subclass 101 Visa)

Who is eligible for this visa?

  • A child that is outside of Australia when the application is lodged and when the visa is granted.
  • The child is sponsored by you as their parent or by your partner.
  • Younger than 18 years old, OR:
  • Full-time student between 18 and 25 years old, or lastly:
  • 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and is dependent on the sponsoring parent

The Eligibility Criteria for Child Visa both Onshore and Offshore

  1. If the child is younger than 18 years old, the child:
  • cannot have a spouse, de facto partner or be in a marriage relationship
  1. If the child is between 18 and 25 years of age and does not have a disability that prevents them from working, they must:
  • never have had and currently not in a spouse or de facto partner
  • not be in full-time work
  • be a full-time student when applying for this visa
  • If currently studying- be currently enrolled and participating in a full-time course of study leading to a professional, trade or vocational qualification
  • have started that course since turning 18 years of age or within six months or a reasonable time after finishing school.
  1. Child with a disability aged 18 or older
  • A child with a disability may be eligible for this visa is their disability is not total or partial loss of their bodily or mental functions, and they are unable to work because of it. 
  • The child must also be dependent on the sponsoring parent for financial assistance due to the disability.
  • The cost to maintain any medical health condition does not pose a risk to the Australian community such as excess costs in treatment. The costs of treatment is  calculated by the MOC (Medical officer of Commonwealth). There are many conditions that whereby a medical waiver may apply. 
  • are not engaged, married or have a de facto partner
  • are not in full-time work
  1. Adopted children
  • The child must have been under 18 years of age when the adoption took place.
  • Additional requirements apply to be met by children who are adopted by Australian citizens.

Benefits of holding a Child visa?

  • stay in Australia indefinitely
  • work and study in Australia
  • enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
  • apply for Australian citizenship (if they are eligible)
  • sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted – after that time they will need another visa to enter Australia.

Other preliminary requirements:

  • DOHA may request an “Assurance of support” for the child so that welfare costs for some migrants are not borne by the Australian community.  The Assurance of Support is only required if requested by the immigration department. The sponsoring parent must applying for Department of Social; Services for such assessment and include all relevant documents.
  • The child must meet certain health requirements and character requirements, if over 16 years of age at time of lodging child visa application.
  • The child may be required to attend DNA testing in the event if the DOHA has doubts in respect to any link to sponsoring parent (ever where a birth certificate is provided).
  • The child will be required to provide evidence of school enrolment
  • You have the written consent of each person who can legally decide where the child lives and the laws of the child’s home country permit the removal of the child

Why use Direct Migration Experts?

We have assisted 100’s of applicant in applying for partner visa’s successfully. We understand that is case if individual and we give that piece of mind and attention to each of our client. We are confident in what we do and due to us processing hundreds of applications in last 12 years, our knowledge and confidence combined with experience and strong communication skills we ultimately deliver results in a timely manner. This is reflected through our longstanding commitment and relationships with our clients. With over 12 years of experience in this industry, our commitment to quality and service excellence is demonstrated through our compliance with relevant Migration Law standards.

Book your consultation with us Today !!! Call 1300 015 592 or email: