Prospective Marriage/ Fiancee Visa (Subclass 300)

Who is the Prospective Marriage Visa for ? 

If you are engaged and intend to marry an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

You and your fiancé must:

  • Be at least 18 years old, and not be closely related
  • Have physically met, and be personally known to each other
  • Genuinely intend to live together as a married couple
  • Be free to marry one another
  • Genuinely intend to get married within 9 months of the visa grant date (the marriage may take place either in Australia or overseas)

Who can be a sponsor?

Your fiancé must:

  • Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
  • Have applied and be an approved sponsor
  • Not have previously sponsored more than one other fiancé, partner or spouse for migration to Australia, and not have sponsored a fiancé, spouse or partner for migration to Australia within the last 5 years (unless there are compelling circumstances)
  • Not have been sponsored for a spouse, partner or prospective marriage visa by someone else within the last 5 years (unless there are compelling circumstances)

What are the minimum requirements?

    • Evidence that you and your prospective spouse have met face-to-face as adults since turning 18 and know each other personally
    • Letter from a Marriage Celebrant that confirms  that you will marry your prospective spouse within 9 months of being granted the visa
    • Evidence that you and your prospective spouse genuinely intend to live as spouses
    • written statements showing the history of your relationship.

How can you apply for the subclass 300 visa?

You  must apply for the subclass 300 – Prospective Marriage Visa from outside Australia and be outside of Australia when the visa is being finalised.

It is vital that  the subclass 300 is decision ready where possible, lodged  with correct evidence and in accordance with the relevant requirements for the visa class.

I want to visit my partner whilst my subclass 300 is processing?

If you wish to visit your partner whilst your visa is being processed, you can do but will need to apply for an appropriate visa to do so (ie. Visitor visa). Visitor visa have their own independent  requirements that require to be met such as that you are a Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement along with other requirements associated with this visa, such as meet health and character test ect.

What happens when the subclass 300 visa is granted?

You must be outside Australia when the visa is granted. Once you have obtained your visa grant you will need to make entry to Australia within the time frame as stipulated on the visa grant. Upon your arrival to Australia, you will also need to marry your sponsor within 9 months as stipulated from visa grant date. 

What do I do if I receive a request for further information?

Why use Direct Migration Experts?

Finding the right visa and getting through the conditions and requirements of that visa can be an intimidating task.

We understand that the process of obtaining an Australian Visa can be stressful for clients and can take time.

We can help you and your partner obtain this visa no matter where in the world you are located.

1300 015 592 for consultation today.