What is the Skilled Regional Visa (subclass 491)
The Skilled Regional Visa is a newly introduced visa in November 2019 to encourage a growth in population and productivity to the workforce in regional Australia.
The skilled regional visa is for skilled applicants who are currently in or outside Australia who can satisfy the points tested skilled applicants who are not sponsored by an employer or family member. In this case the applicants would be nominated by their chosen designated regional area.
Who is this visa for?
- This visa is suitable for persons who are qualified with work experience
- This visa is appropriate for those who have formal qualifications or trade qualifications and, in most cases, work experience in the chosen field
- Those whose nominated occupation is on the list of approved occupations for migration to regional areas in Australia.
- Be under the age of 45 years
- Have an occupation on the list in your designated regional area
- Have a suitable skills assessment for your nominated occupation
- Have competent English
- 65 points are required to qualify as an entry point as well as meeting the standard conditions. Points are allocated for various attributes.
Points are awarded in the following categories:
- English language
- Australian and Overseas work experience
- Australian Study
- Community Language
- Regional Australia study
- Spouse skills
- Regional body will give you points
- Professional year
Regional areas in Australia currently include everywhere except these three major cities: Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. However, you may find somewhere such as a one-hour drive from Sydney being regional
Conditions of the visa:
- Live and work in a regional area for a three-year period from grant of the visa. You must also meet the salary threshold in order to qualify automatically at the end of the temporary stage for permanent residency.
Book your consultation today to discuss your potential in migrating to Australia.
*You must lodge an expression of interest and be invited in order to apply for the visa.