Student Visa

People with Student Visa enjoying a picnic in Australia

What is a Student Visa?

A student visa allows international students to undertake further education in Australia through either a Vocational Colleague or Higher Education on a full-time basis.

You may ask, what are some of the minimum requirements for student visa and AM I Eligible?

Well there are a number of requirements that need to be met, including but not limited to:

  • Enrolling with an Australian Educational Provider for a full time course (also known as Certificate of Enrolment)
  • Have sufficient funds to support you for your duration of your stay in Australia (tuition fee, cost of living and return airfares)
  • Have valid Overseas Student Health Cover for the period of intended stay in Australia (unless exempted and covered by reciprocal healthcare arrangements). This only applies to some applicant from selected countries.

Provide English language proficiency as part of the student visa application (unless exempt and you are :

  • a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland ), you have completed at least 5 years’ study in English in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland and;\
  • Further exemptions may apply if you have completed a Certificate IV or higher level, while you held a student visa in last 2 years for making a new student visa application.
  • Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant Requirement (intend to study in Australia only for the proposed period of time) along with many other factors that are assessed as part of GTE requirement.


There are hundreds of courses and colleagues available to assist with enrolment into a course!

Some of the most popular course are:

  • Bachelor of Engineering
  • Bachelor of Nursing
  • Bachelor of Commerce
  • Diploma in Leadership and Management
  • Diploma in Business
  • Diploma in Commercial Cookery
  • Diploma in Carpentry and many more

It is a large investment for the future, so it is VITAL to obtain professional advice first from a registered migration agent or lawyer to see how you can achieve your pathway to permanent residency or reach any goal you may have.

Do you have more questions? Want to know if a student visa is for you or if you have other pathways available? Contact Us Now. 

Give our friendly team a call for consultation today 1300 015 592.